Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center
16855155

The back of my throat is pushing down on my tongue and it feels

Customer Question

The back of my throat is pushing down on my tongue and it feels uncomfortable and is making it hard to swallow.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I had a hard time sleeping, it felt like the back of my throat was closing. I took benadryl and it helped a little.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: Allegies. Pain in face.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 10 months ago.
GreetingsThis is most likely pharyngitis or tonsillitis (if you still have your tonsils). Most likely it is bacterial and would require a culture swab and antibiotics. You need to have it checked, either at an Urgent Care center or ER.Let me know if you have any further questions If done, please complete the stars rating above as it is the only way we get credit for our service. Best wishes
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can you prescribe antibiotics?
No, we do not offer prescriptions service. Simply because your throat will need to be directly inspected by a doctor and a culture swab needs to be taken prior to administration of any antibiotics. You never take antibiotics before you get a bacterial culture. It help identify the bacteria and it's sensitivity to the antibiotics prescribed
If done, please complete the stars rating as it is the only way we get credit for our service
Just checking if you have any further questions before I log off. If satisfied, please complete the stars rating. Best wishes