Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

I got my ribs and chest on right side smashed by a horse two

Customer Question

I got my ribs and chest on right side smashed by a horse two weeks ago and I went to a dr. They gave me pain meds which are not helping. I was also being treated for a sinus infection and now I am feeling light headed and sleeping a lot. I have had pneumonia once and was hoping this had not turned into it again. Do I need to seek dr again asap
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.
This is Dr. David.if you are light headed, you should go to the ER and get your chest could have a pneumothorax puncture of your lungs caused by a rib might benefit from wearing a chest elastic velcro binder which can help keep your ribs compressed and in place.have you had a recent chest xray?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have not because they felt it unnessary and due to fact I don't feel well I should probably go?
yes, if you don't feel well, you should go to the ERand get a chest xray to check for pneumothorax which is a popped or collapsed lung from a rib fracture.this is serious and would need to be treatedlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me: for using