Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

Two nights ago my roommates cat jumped on me while I was asleep

Customer Question

Two nights ago my roommates cat jumped on me while I was asleep and I ended up kicking the wall with a lot of force. The impact was right below my pinkie toe but the pain and most of the swelling is down further near the lower mid part of my 5th metatarsal. I need to be able to walk for work and unfortunately don't have insurance from moving to NYC and not switching my coverage. I'm at a standstill here, I've been trying to just stay off it, keep it elevated, and ice it, but I need some professional advice if you can help me out. I'd really appreciate it
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: Im a heathy 20yr old male, I regularly exercise, and take all my vitamins. I'm not sure if that constitutes for anything, I've never injured myself before like this with no insurance
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidyou could have fractured a bone in your foot from kicking the wall.I can help you find a free or low cost health clinic in NYC need to get an xray of your foot to see if you have a fractured bone.this can affect how long your foot will take to healyou might need a prescription medical boot to better help support your foot if you have to walk. let me know if you have questions.
do you have other questions?