Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Good morning. I am a 49 y/o female with abdominal bloating

Customer Question

Good morning. I am a 49 y/o female with abdominal bloating x1 wk and vaginal dryness. Last evening I experienced sharp pain during intercourse and there is a lingering, dull pain around my vaginal area. Should I go to the ER?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.
Hi and welcome.Yes all these symptoms need evaluation and thorough examination. Go to ER so that any problem can be addressed timely. It is always better to seek urgent care so that treatment can be started as soon as possible.Let me know if you have further questions.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.Wish your son good health.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you your prompt reply. I was expecting some insight as to what may be going on rather than just an answer to whether these symptoms require an ER visit.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.
That was the answer to your specific question.Dysparunia (pain in intercourse), vaginal dryness and pain around the vaginal area are signs of an inflammation and infection. However, since you have abdominal pain as well a physician's examination is required to rule out any intra abdominal pathology. An ultrasound is also in order.But a diagnosis can not be given online as you understand and will need a proper physical examination and some tests by a physician.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.Wish your son good health.