Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

There, I have a lump at the bottom of my vagina, flesh coloured

Customer Question

Hi there, I have a lump at the bottom of my vagina, flesh coloured and very visible. It's right at the opening. Apparently I do have a hemorroid too, I don't know if these are somehow connected but it doesn't look how it should.
Many thanks.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 7 months ago.
Hi there ...Thank you for the question ...Flesh colored lump at this location is highly likely the wart , Hemorrhoid when prolapsed presents with Lump coming out from anus .So it would be ideal for you to have examination for proper diagnosis and appropriate management .Both are curable , but appropriate diagnosis is prime target .Get it check please .Regards ***** ***** luck .Please rate my answer as good service .Thanks .
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 7 months ago.
Are you there ...
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've been to the doctor and he said nothing about the lump even though I pointed it out. And gave me nothing for the hemorrhoid either, even though I've had it for at least 6 months. I don't really know where that leaves me? He said the hemorrhoid was basically tough, and it may just go away but I'd just have to deal with it. Many thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yeo sorry was just typing. Both things are really bothering me. Never had anything like this and don't feel I can be sexually active because of them.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Oh he said it was an external hemorrhoid too and there was nothing internal.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 7 months ago.
Well prolapsed Hemorrhoids never go itself , infact prolapsed Hemorrhoid is the indication for surgical removal .Even if this is wart , this need cryotherapy .Both conditions are curable , so you should get second opinion from dr , for treatment please .Please rate my answer as good service .Thanks .
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thank you. He gave me some thrush cream as said I had a bit of an infection. Should I continue to use that? Also, can he refuse to refer me? Many thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Forgive my ignorance, is an external hemorrhoid always a prolapsed hemorrhoid? He said there was nothing inside? Thanks.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 7 months ago.
Ideally he/she shouldn't refuse to refer you because this is your right to have proper diagnosis and treatment .I dont think that cream will help you , but its ok to continue .Not always external Hemorrhoid is prolapsed , it prolapse in advance stage.Regards .
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
So with him saying its external and there's nothing inside, what does that mean? Is it still prolapsed or can you not tell without looking. I don't seem to be able to push it back in and it's permanently there. Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry for all the questions, I just don't really feel like I got answers from my doctor or that he addressed everything properly.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 7 months ago.
External Hemorrhoid means that they are arising underneath the skin surrounding anus , so even external hemmorhoids are not truly originate from outside infact they originate from inside the anus .Push back will not occur unless it is not corrected surgically .You can ask ...Regards .
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok that makes sense. When I look at it in the mirror it all looks weirdly connected. The wart and the hemmorhoid?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Could it be one big hemorroid? Can it reach up the bottom of the vagina?
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 7 months ago.
If wart is in close vicinity to that of Hemorrhoid both looks to be connected .It can reach down if big.Positive feedback will be appreciated .Regards.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can send a picture if that helps? I've seen an add file link. I don't know if that's what patients usually do?
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 7 months ago.
Yes please upload ...
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Would that make it easier to diagnose? Many thanks.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 7 months ago.
Yes , definitely .
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This is maybe the clearest. I've never had anything like this before and it's never looked like that.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Slightly different angle.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for uploading pic ...This seems to be normal thickness at the base of vagina and not looks like anything pathological.This could be normal skin thickness .I think no need to worry .Regards .
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
But all that lumpiness around the bottom of my vagina has never been there. It looks cauliflower like. Is it not a wart?
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 7 months ago.
This is skin fold that occurs because of lax vaginal wall and surrounding area .Please click of good service .Thanks .
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't understand where it's come from and don't want it there, I want it back to normal.Lax vaginal wall? How has that happened and how do I fix it?Also, I don't know if you can tell from the pictures but does seem to run down to my anus?I'm so sorry for all the questions, I just really want it all sorting and need to know how to fix it because it's really bothering me psychologically too. I can't be intimate with the way things are in that region.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 7 months ago.
Sorry I am unable to provide you more info ...You should go to dr please .Regards .
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok I will go. Can you not advise on the lax vaginal wall comment? Do I need to pay again?
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 7 months ago.
For that you may need to consult Gynae dr please .I will be only paid if you click on good rating visible on your page .Regards .
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Oh gosh ok. I think I'm more worried now. I don't know how the doctor didn't spot this.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 7 months ago.
There is no substitute for direct clinical examination , so get time for examination by Gynae dr .Regards .
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok. Do I need to be referred there by GP?
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 7 months ago.
You can directly get appointment , if GP refers you , this will be easy for you .Good luck .