Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Feel down hardwood stairs striking on my buttock. It now has

Customer Question

Feel down hardwood stairs striking on my buttock. It now has a very large and hard hematoma. Size equal to my spread hand 7" across, and 3" raised. I can walk
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I'm 69 widowed female in good Heath. Active, but I live alone. I just had a coronary calcium CT with a total Coronary score of 413.9. I'm 5'1", 129 lb.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: is there a risk of a clot moving in the blood steam. Should I be seen at the er tonight. The pain is tolerable.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.
Hi and welcome.As you have told size of hematoma is quite large. Though it resolves over couple of weeks but it is better for you to go to ER and get it evaluated as active bleeding within tissue has to be ruled out. Clot in that area does not move into blood stream but you should get it examined to be on safe side. You can take ibuprofen for pain and it would decrease inflammation as well.Let me know if you have further questions.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How is active bleeding evaluated?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.
If hematoma is increasing in size and by checking your vitals like falling blood pressure shows active bleed. Usually hematoma itself compresses vessel and stops bleeding as you said it is hard most likely bleeding would have stopped but getting examination is better.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.
.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.Wish you good health.