Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center

I have a swollen lymph node on my right under jaw it is hard

Customer Question

I have a swollen lymph node on my right under jaw it is hard and non moving I do not have a sore throat or fever and the lump isn't painful . Have experienced troubling swallowing in past and sometimes have extremely pain when no try to swollow
Category: Medical
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 5 months ago.
GreetingsI understand you are asking for what to do her !!The most common reason for swollen lymph nodes in this location is local infection. In your case, chronic infection, of the pharynx or tonsils if you still have them, are most likely based on the long-standing history of difficulty in swallowing. This could also be a salivary gland inflammation, not just lymph nodes. And, could be other much less common etiologiesI would recommend evaluation by ENT. Direct inspection of the mouth and pharynx, and culture swab are neededTreatment would be according to the source, such as antibiotics or tonsillectomy etcLet me know if you need any further clarification
Hello .. just checking if you have received my response and if you have any questions?