Nadim Al-Mubarak
Nadim Al-Mubarak,
Experience:  MD at University Hospital Case Medical Center

I am having throbbing dull pain under my left armpit the

Customer Question

Hi I am having throbbing dull pain under my left armpit the pain also goes down my left arm and a little behind. i have had it for about 4 days
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: what kind of information
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: it hurts by my left breast. i had kidney cancer 5.5 years ago, generally in good health a little overweight
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Nadim Al-Mubarak replied 5 months ago.
GreetingsThe type of pain you describe is very unlikely to be originating from your heart. It is most likely skeletal muscle pain, which is typically harmless, not life threatening, but could be annoying. Other less likely sources would include joints, nerves, breast tiissue and the tissues that covers your lung, though these are less likely. You may try tylenol, Advil or a combination of both. Advil 400 or 600 mg three times daily for 2-3 days might just work. If your symptoms persist, more than 2 additional days, have it checked by your doctor. Let me know if you need any more clarification
If you are satisfied, please complete the stars rating above. This is the only way we get credit for our service. You may still email me with questions after you have rated. Best wishes
Hello .. Just checking if you have received my response and if you have any questions?