Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

It hurts to swallow. The pain comes and goes. My glands swell

Customer Question

It hurts to swallow. The pain comes and goes. My glands swell and my throat burns. This has been going on since March 15th. I have nodules on my thyroid that were found when I went to the ER at the beginning of April because the pain got so bad. I was given a steroid orally to reduce the inflammation and then a CAT scan. I have had an ultrasound to verify the nodules but I do not know what to do about the pain. Should I just wait until my Endocrinology appt. in June? Is there any sense in going back to the ER? The pain is getting worse again.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 6 months ago.
HelloSee your primary care doctor.This can be acid reflux. Any doctor can treat this.It is not from your thyroid, or the scan would have shown this.The throat should also be examined and swabbed at this point. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 months ago.
HiI have you in the inbox, but no post from you.Is there another question?