Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I have just been diagnosed with having ringworm. I have two

Customer Question

I have just been diagnosed with having ringworm. I have two questions. One a friend told me to put bleach on it and it would kill it quickly is this true? second is i was given Nystatin ointment to treat it, once applied can i put a bandaid over it so it doesn't touch my clothes or will this make it worse?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 months ago.
HelloI am Doctor Thomas, a double board certified doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine, with advanced training in several other fields. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will give you an initial answer or ask you a question, but be sure to use reply to expert to communicate with me as needed.NoDo not use bleach.Use the nystatin.It is ok to cover it.Use it until the ringworm clears.Bleach is not reliable, and is toxic. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily