Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

I have been having a funny smell in my nose past

Customer Question

Hi. I have been having a funny smell in my nose for the past month . Additionally. I have a yellow, orange costing in my tongue . I have history of sinus disease , had surgery 2 years ago ( opening things up and removal of polyps). Also, have history of reflux. Went to ent for a follow up last week and had nasal endoscopy. Did not mention smell as it was not bothering at moment . Since then, I smell it all the time . Endoscopy showed thrings were clear except for swelling . Went to regular doctor this week and he gave me levaquin, been on for 5 days and no improvement . Nervous it could be something serious ( Tumor or Alzheimer's ), but know with my history it could be one the less serious things . Need reassurance
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question.It is HIGHLY UNLIKELY to be anything serious like tumor or Alzheimer's disease that you mention.Most likely this smell is due to your previous history of sinus problems.Acid reflux can also be a factor as well.But not anything serious or anything to worry about whatsoever.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end at the top right hand corner.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.
This session is open for any further questions that you may have.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner, as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards