Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

I have accidentally scratched my inner thigh with a new razor

Customer Question

I have accidentally scratched my inner thigh with a new razor when shaving my legs. I've tried cleaning it frequently with alcohol wipes and biatracin ointment (neomycin is in effective for me). I've tried with and without a bandage. Sometimes the skin raises and looks like a welt. Does not seem to be healing and is getting quite uncomfortable.
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: Nope. Thanks.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidcan you upload a clear jpg image of the wound there so I can better help you?here are instructions to how to upload a photo from a computertype a word in the textbox and highlight itthen select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpgthis opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Have typed the word, highlighted it and neither a chain or paper clip icon appear.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would not use alcohol wipes on the area.that only dries and irritates the skin.I would use bacitracin on it twice a day.and cover with a telfa non stick dressing and cling and ACE banadage wrap around your thigh.also you can try Manuka Money on the wound to help with healingyou need to increase your protein and vitamin C intake to help the area healif you are older, wounds can sometimes take longer to might need a course of antibiotics from your doctor and also prescription silvadine ointment to help the area you have a doctor you can see about the wound?smoking can cause wounds to take longer to heal.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes. Thanks.
you are welcomelet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me: for using