Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I was told I have mild pulmonary hypertension. My doctor said

Customer Question

I was told I have mild pulmonary hypertension. My doctor said that sometimes that will
not progress for a long time and not to worry.Does that condition sometimes progress rapidly? He sees me every few months,gives EKG, takes B/P, and blood test. Is that sufficient?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 months ago.
HelloYou should be seeing a pulmonologist.It does not progress rapidly if it is mild.It also depends on the cause.Here is an overview from the mayo clinic it is from a heart problem, then treating the heart problem is important. Just as one example.Some other forms are rapidly progressive.It sounds like this is heart related, and that your doctor is monitoring correctly. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.