Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

A week ago My husband got sick with sinus inf also golf ball

Customer Question

A week ago My husband got sick with sinus inf also golf ball sz knot appeared behind knee cap. Also other leg swelling above ankle. They chk for strep and tk blood, said wbc was a little high gave bacterium. 2 days ago They checked for bld clot and it was neg. Ultrasound and bld test. Now he has a pea size knot by his testicals today. What should we do?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.
Hi this is Dr Stan here to help you today. The antibiotic should resolve the sinus infection. Since the Ultrasound and blood test for blood clot were negative that should not be a problem either. The "Knot" could be an irritation such as epididimitis would would be painful to touch or when walking. Is the knot in his scrotum or on the skin next to scrotum? If next to it, then it could be a sweat gland that is blocked or a hair follicle that has become infected. In either case warm moist compresses to the area should resolve this in a few days. If this persists, a doctor should evaluate and determine the best treatment. I hope this helps and I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. If no further questions, a positive rating is appreciated.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's beside. I'm afraid it's cancer or something crazy. I just wanted to know if we should go to er. He is at wk now.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Does the swelling sound like an infection in the leg as well?
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.
It certainly does not sound like cancer nor an infection in the leg. What you are describing does not need an ER visit at this time. Try the warm moist compresses. The swelling should resolve in a few days.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you so much!!
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.
You are welcome.