Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor ( General Medicine)
9385906

I HAVEN0T SLEPT NIGHTS , I HAVE TANZANDINE, WAS TOLD

Customer Question

I HAVEN0T SLEPT FOR MANY NIGHTS , I HAVE TANZANDINE, WAS TOLD TO TAKE 3 @BEDTIME, TRIED THAT DIDNT WORK. I HAVE HYDROXINE TRIED THAT DON'T WORK. I HAVE A COUPLE BENEDRYLY HAVENT TRIED YET ,SEVERAL HRS . AGO JUST TOOK HYDROXZINE 25MGS., I HAVE MULTIPLE MEDICAL PROBLEMS . DIABETES ,SLEEP W/BIPAP 23/20. CHF, PAINFUL ARTHRITIS IN NECK. YESTERDAY WENT TO A RHUMATOID SPECIALIST FOR THE 1ST TIME. HE SAID IF IT IS MECHANICAL HE CAN'T HELP ME. HOWEVER I MAY HAVE LUPUS, WHICH SCARED ME TO DEATH. I AM 64. HE SENT ME FOR TITRE BLOOD WK, FOR THAT. I MAY FIND OUT TODAY THE VERDICT. I HAVE A APPT WITH PRIMARY WHO WORKS W/ SPECIALIST FOR ARTHRITIS. I AM REALLY UPSET AND CAN'T FALL ASLEEP. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE I CAN GET FROM YOU DR. THANK YOU!
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I HAD 5 BYPASSES 2 YRS AGO. WEARING A DIABETIC PUMP, BASIL 3.8 HRLY. BOLUS 14 @BED TIME AND BEFORE EA. MEAL.500 CONCENTRATE OF HUMALOG MEDICINE. I TOOK THE HYDROXIZINE LAST NITE. I HAVE LEXAPRO HERE WHICH I TAKE IN A.M. AND MAKE ME SLEEPY @TIMES FOR ANXIETY. SHOULD I TAKE THAT ALSO.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 7 months ago.
Greetings.Welcome to the site.Well, if your primary concern is difficulty in falling sleep then you shall ask your primary doctor to prescribe you on a sleep aid drug like ambien cr ( zolpidem extended release) at dose of 6.25 mg or 12.5 mg in case the lower dose is ineffective. In addition to this you may also seek from him remeron ( mirtazapine ) at dos of 15 mg at bedtime . While mirtazapine is an anti depressant medication which also works wonderfully in insomnia other than helping mood symptoms like irritability, low mood , lack of energy, lack of enthusiasm, lack of inferest and pleasure,which i feel you also have owing to multiple conditions that you have been reeling under. So this combination of two medications will ensure a refreshing and adequate sleep at night plus an overall improvement in your health , both physical and psychological health, thereby infusing fresh strength in you so as to endure your conditions. I hope this helps. Wish you all the best. Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer. Regards