Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution

The pain is mostly the epigastric area around the incision

Customer Question

The pain is mostly the epigastric area around the incision is deep & into the upper back
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I had surgery for celiac compression syndrome 6 months ago & did heavy lifting last weekend & has hurt through there this week when I go for my walks & today started hurting without any exercise today . Wondering if it could be a pulled muscle or something else
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Also into upper back which I get that a lot anyway. When lifting did feel some discomfort in the area around thoracic incision
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for this questionThis is most likely an incisional herniaThis is a weakness in the wall of the abdomen where the incision isYou are at risk of bowel getting trapped into the herniayou need this checked right awayI would go to ER nowlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again: for using
Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate itIf you have more questions, just reply