Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I just returned from a week long vacation in Mexico. Which

Customer Question

I just returned from a week long vacation in Mexico. Which was followed by a party at my sister. I mention that because a couple people at that party had vomiting for a couple days but are better now. I have had diarrhea for five days now with no other symptoms. It started out very soft and has been nothing but water the last three days. I have reached the level of exploding diarrhea today. One other person that was on our trip said she had diarrhea for maybe two days but is fine now. Don't know if it was Mexico or the party but I'm the only one who's had it this long. How much longer should this go before I should be worried and what can I do to stop it?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of? It's only $5.
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for this questionYou need to get checked for an infection called c diffIt is a gut bacteria that can be very seriousGo to ER nowlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/Thanks for using justanswer.com
Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate itIf you have more questions, just reply