Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.

I just had a synovial joint fluid analysis done on a knee i

Customer Question

I just had a synovial joint fluid analysis done on a knee i had replaced a year ago. 100 /uL (High) and it was hasy in color. Should I be concern?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me just a bit more information so the Doctor can help you best. For example have you seen a Doctor for this and if so, has there been a diagnosis?
Customer: This was ordered by DR. but he has not discussed the results yet.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: My TRK is painful, difficult to climb stairs, swelling
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 5 months ago.
HelloI mCustomerand I would be assisting you with your concerns today.Do you have any other symptoms like fever, redness around the knee etc...?Did you have ESR and CRP done and what did they show?Do you have complete report of synovial fluid analysis?Please upload it here using the paper clip icon if you can?Thanks
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 5 months ago.
HelloI have not received a reply from you.Therefore I am answering as per the information available.It has been seen that a total leucocyte ( white blood cell ) count above 1.7 × 103/μL is indicative of infection in the knee joint.Count below this level means that the chance of infection is quite low.Synovial fluid leukocyte differential of >65% neutrophils also indicated infection.A value lower than this makes infection less likely.Color is not as important as the leucocyte count and the neutrophil percentage.Please reply if you want to discuss further.