Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I have a bump on the left side of my head, the bump has

Customer Question

Hi, I have a bump on the left side of my head, the bump has popped and in has a smell? It had yellow stuff coming out of it? And my head hurts to the touch.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 7 months ago.
Hello I am Dr.Amita and I would be assisting you with your concerns today. This was most likely a sebaceous cyst which has got infected and has now burst discharging the material of cyst and the pus outside.You may need antibiotics to be prescribed for this.You should also get this cleaned at a doctors clinic and have it dressed.Please reply if you need to discuss further.
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 7 months ago.
HelloSebaceous cysts don't typically pop and drain.A boil is another possibility.Other lesions are possible.Please attach a picture here and I can give you a better summary.I am a double board certified US doctor. Find me as needed.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 7 months ago.
Do you have a picture?I suspect it is a carbuncle
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 7 months ago.
If you had a pre existing bump prior to this episode I would still suspect that you had a sebaceous cyst which has got infected and burst.A boil or a carbuncle would be of very recent origin and would not have been present a s a bump.
Do you need more help?