Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution

My cortisol wad 4.5 at 2pm not fasting acth same time 14 is

Customer Question

My cortisol wad 4.5 at 2pm not fasting acth same time 14 is this. Normal progesterone below 1
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidthe cortisol which matters the most is the AM cortisol at 8am.Normal values for blood ACTH taken early in the morning are 9 to 52 picograms per milliliter (pg/mL).your 14 level in the afternoon could be normal.why did you get this test in the afternoon? progesterone varies through your female menstrual cycleFemale (pre-ovulation): less than 1 ng/mLFemale (mid-cycle): 5 to 20 ng/mLyour progesterone must have been taken right before you ovulated.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have one ovary only and my Dr said it did not matter just go but very tired lately
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
So full hysterectomy except one ovary been getting migraines to when for awhile then went away and of course had when I was a kid for awhile
endocrinologist know that it mattersthe best way to check adrenal and cortisol levels is to get AM levelswith bad fatigue, you should check your thyroid hormone levels, ferritin, iron levels, B12, Vitamin D levelsare you overweight? being overweight can cause fatiguesleep apnea from bad snoring at night can cause fatigue.lack of exercise during the day can cause fatigue
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes levels normal not overweight so there is no Way to tell if adrenal is normal
Progesterone for me with hysterectomy and one ovary Below 1
there are ways to tell if your adrenal levels are can get AM cortisol and ACTH level testsand you can get ACTH suppression testsbut I bet these tests will be normal for you.adrenal cortisol abnormalities are very very rare.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
So I had those test at 2pm so I have to Redo?
What about progesterone below 1 with the only 1 ovary
even with one ovary, you can ovulate and you can have low progesterone below 1 before ovulation. you can get your cortisol AM tests and ACTH levels in the morningbut I bet they will be normal. let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me: for using
do you have any other questions?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 6 months ago.
This could be med related as wellDo you take any medicines?do you have sleep apnea?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 5 months ago.
need more help?