Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

Will a 170 testosterone level keep me from having a desire

Customer Question

will a 170 testosterone level keep me from having a desire for sex
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me just a bit more information so the Doctor can help you best. For example have you seen a Doctor for this and if so, has there been a diagnosis?
Customer: i just had blood work done and found this out
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question.Generally the normal range of testosterone is 270 to 1070.170 is a low number and if you are having problems with your sexual desire and erection with this number, I would recommend that you should also have a FSH and LH level done.You may eventually require a testosterone supplement.I would recommend that you be seen by an endocrinologist or be referred to one.This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end as that is the only way I am credited on here for helping you out.Kindest regards