Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

I have been having a similar issue to the post I am looking

Customer Question

I have been having a similar issue to the post I am looking at now. I have a sensation of something hanging in my throat near my vocal cord / tracia aria. I have not had a cold or anything or other illness that would affect that area. It does not hurt, but is concerning, as sometimes it impacts swallowing. I use warm tea or water to address it mostly, but it has begun to affect my workouts. ANy clues.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Well, this just started about a couple of weeks ago. Prior to that, I do have issues swallowing sometimes, where it feels like what I am trying to ingest (normal food, vitamin supplements) get caught in the same area as the dangling feeling or further down the esophagus, usually near the center of my chest / top of the stomach. I did have acid reflux issue many years ago, but that stopped after I cut our all red meat, fried foods and pork. I have recently been on a low-T treatment, and this did start after a few months if using the Low-T treatments.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Do you have any picture of your throat with the hanging growth?Food being stuck can be due to the inflammation of the esophageal lining commonly.Another less common possibility can be diverticulum or recess in the esophageal wall.Esophageal web is another deformity that can cause such symptoms.Upper GI endoscopy is suggested to rule out these possibility.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for the assist. I do not have a picture, no real way of getting that on my end. I don't have a camera that small, nor would I ever attempt putting anything in my throat. 8^) that would be very bad. 8^)
I do plan on reaching out to a local GI group later today, but thought I try hear to get an idea of what response I should be expecting and potential clarity on questions I may need to ask that I do not already have written down to ask.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 5 months ago.
Ok no problem --most likely nothing serious.All the above conditions are treatable during endoscopy.Esophageal inflammation can be cured by 8 week PPI therapy like omeprazole 40 mg daily.Best wishes,