Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I have no energy to do the basic things like take a bath, clean

Customer Question

I have no energy to do the basic things like take a bath, clean my house, or play with my son. I've heard adderall can help with that.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Like what? I've gained 60 pounds in less than a year, my thyroid is okay. I am depressed but I take Pristiq and abilify for it
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.
Since how long are you having these symptoms?What other blood tests have you had? Can you please attach blood test reports on here if you have them with you?Please let me know.Regards
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 months ago.
HelloThe meds you are currently on can have these side effects.Adding another drug is not a good idea.The thyroid might not be OK even if in the "normal" range. You must know the exact value of TSH.Adderrall would not be prescribed for your symptoms at this point, your other meds would be adjusted, andthyroid, adrenal, sex hormone problems, anemia, iron deficiency, and underlying diseases must all be ruled out.I am a double board certified US doctor.Find me anytime for fast and accurate answers.Dr. thomas only.OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.