Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I had a chest x-ray and they found a calcified subcarinal lymph

Customer Question

I had a chest x-ray and they found a calcified subcarinal lymph node. I don't know what that means
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I went to Urgent Care because of cold symptoms, but I ended up with a sinus infection and ear infection - no "cold". They didn't see any pneumonia in my chest x-ray, but when I went online and looked at the results I saw the note about my lymph node.... so I'm curious
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: My son is a Hodgkins survivor - so that adds to my curiousity
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.There are lot of lymph nodes normally in the chest.Subcarinal lymph node is located just below branching area of the main bronchi or airways.Calcification suggests prior infection of the lymph node.Since no other findings, this was likely prior viral infection related.Not concerning.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/