Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

JA: . What do you want help with? Customer: my crp

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: my crp level is 24.7
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me just a bit more information so the Doctor can help you best. For example have you seen a Doctor for this and if so, has there been a diagnosis?
Customer: do i need to be worriex
JA: It's hard to know for sure. The Doctor will figure it out.
Customer: worried
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: no have not visited a doc yet
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 7 months ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.What was the reason that this lab was checked?Do you have any chronic medical problems?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello! No . this is was a regular check up and in that my crp was high
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i have added the report
Thank you for the additional information. The CRP is a non-specific measure of inflammation, which means that any inflammatory conditions can cause an elevation in the CRP. The report actually notes that it can be seen in a variety of infections and inflammatory conditions. We usually do not check the lab during acute illness, because it is usually not helpful, so when we check it and it is elevated, it is usually a sign that there is a chronic inflammatory condition. I will note that the use of the CRP for cardiac risk assessment is not a concern in this situation. When the CRP is this elevated, it is due to an inflammatory condition, not the mild elevation that can occur with heart disease. Since you do not have a known chronic inflammatory condition, an elevated CRP of 24.7 should prompt a general evaluation to look for an inflammatory condition. Since you are feeling OK, it certainly is not a major concern, but it would be appropriate for you to schedule an appointment to see your doctor for an evaluation. The most common conditions are musculoskeletal inflammation, and may not warrant any treatment if you are feeling fine. But it would be appropriate for you to be seen for that evaluation. If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance. If you would like my assistance with any future questions, I can be reached through my profile at www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-DrDLove/