Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I am a healthy 77(almost 78 year old) male and I just had a

Customer Question

I am a healthy 77(almost 78 year old) male and I just had a complete physical, and everything was perfect and within range except my PSA which was 7.2.including a digital exam
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: My Doctor, as part of my overall physical performed a digital exam and indicated that all "felt" well although he sensed that the prostrate was somewhat enlarged. As previously mentioned all of affects of the lab work were PERFECT and within the ranges provided.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I am 77, almost 78 and feel fine with lots of energy but I am frightened as my older brother, by 10 years, who passed away from other issues had prostrate cancer.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 7 months ago.
HelloAt this point you see a urologist.A free PSA with an ultrasound can indicated what probability this has of being cancer.A biopsy can be done if needed.Given your age, it is likely to be slow growing, and not incurable. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily