Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I've just been diagnosed with tonsillitis and there are blisters

Customer Question

I've just been diagnosed with tonsillitis and there are blisters in my ears making me hearing impaired. What can I do to restore my hearing?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Okay, I'm a liver transplant recipient and have been taking immuno suppressive medication all my life. I caught this virus a week ago and have been taking azithromycin for it for the past 3 days. My hearing hasn't been the same since 5 days ago
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I think that's pretty much it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Blisters in the ear suggests viral infection like shingles for example.Azithromycin will not help.You will need a valacyclovir 1 gram 3 times daily to treat the viral infection a week.That will improve your hearing gradually over time.Please discuss with your specialist soon.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/