Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I was injected with steriod in both knees within a couple of

Customer Question

I was injected with steriod in both knees within a couple of weeks my muscles in legs , arms and breasts atrophied . I read if cortisone gets in bloodstream this can happen. Is there anyway to reverse this?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.That is the side effect from steroid.Usually it may take several weeks to gradually recover from.You will need to start physical therapy involving passive range of motion exercises.Then you will need to start active exercises to strengthen the muscles.You will need to follow a high protein diet.Protein shakes should be included with each meal as tolerated.You should see improvement in next 8 to 10 weeks.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/