Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have BLADDER INFECTION AND CIPRO IS NOT WORKING- URN AND

Customer Question

I have BLADDER INFECTION AND CIPRO IS NOT WORKING- URN AND FEEL THE NEED TO GO TO GO TO THE BATHROOM EVERY FEW MINUTES
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.You will likely benefit from a different antibiotic like Macrobid twice daily.Cipro resistance is common.You should discuss with your doctor soon or go to the urgent care about Macrobid.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 7 months ago.
HelloYour urinte should be cultured before antibiotics are changes.The recommendation for resistent UTI now is a third generation cephalosporin.Macrobid would not be a common primary choice.In any case, culture for bacterial identification and sensitivities is in order at this point.I am a double board certified US doctor.Find me by request as needed.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Bacterial culture may not be accurate since you already have been on cipro.However your initial urine culture result should be followed for antibiotic sensitivity.Cephalosporins are not favored for urinary tract infection as they do not concentrate well in the kidneys and resistance is rampant.Macrobid is orally available and still effective in resistant infections.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/