khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

Pearl! My dad (60 years old) has swelling in his upper

Customer Question

Hi Pearl! My dad (60 years old) has swelling in his upper lip around the middle area from last evening. He also complained about a itchy tounge. We gave him benadryl last night.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: This morning he said that his tounge is not itchy anymore
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: The upper middle lip is still swollen
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 7 months ago.
It seems to be allergic reaction. Continue to take benadryl until the swelling subsides. You don't need to worry about it so much. But check what he ate, which could be the cause.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That you Doctor. He did not eat anything different or anything that he had not eaten before. That's why I was worried.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I meant to say thank you and not that you :)
The possible causes are medications (penicillin, aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others), naproxen (Aleve) and blood pressure medications), pollen, animal dander, latex and insect stings, immune system disorders such as lupus, some types of cancer such as lymphoma, certain thyroid conditions, and infections with bacteria or viruses such as hepatitis, HIV, cytomegalovirus or Epstein-Barr virus, heat, cold, sunlight, water, pressure on the skin, emotional stress and exercise. You should check what possibly caused the allergic reaction. If it frequently occurs, you should take him to his doctor.