Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

JA: . What is your issue regarding? Customer: I'm having

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I'm having difficulty breathing
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me just a bit more information so the Doctor can help you best. For example have you seen a Doctor for this and if so, has there been a diagnosis?
Customer: Shortness of breath. Feels like my chest is cramped and throat is closing
JA: The cardiologist will need to help you with this. When it comes to any question about your heart, it's best to get an expert's opinion. The cardiologist I'm going to connect you with will have the information you need to put your mind at ease. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have not been to the doctor yet for this condition
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: I am a smoker
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I smoke maybe 5-6 cigarettes per day. I also have a dull headache
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 6 months ago.
Hello from JustAnswer. If you are having significant shortness of breath, then you should go to the emergency room. Regardless of what other symptoms are present, significant shortness of breath is a reason to go to the emergency room. If your symptoms are mild, then it may be reasonable to have further discussion through this site.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What would you classify as 'significant' shortness of breath?
It is a subjective impression, so if you feel like it is significant, then it is significant.As some guidelines, if you having shortness of breath when just sitting or otherwise not active or the shortness of breath is so bad that it keeps you from performing light to moderate tasks, then it is significant.
Since I have not heard back, I assume that the shortness of breath was felt to be significant and you have gone to the emergency room. I hope that everything went well. Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.