Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

Do you have, or can you obtain , information from studies

Customer Question

Do you have, or can you obtain for me, information from studies or any other source as to: longevity for people who got Type 1 diabetes at age 54. This describes me. I am now 63 years old. The reason I got Type 1 diabetes at age 54 was from taking Prednisone for 1 1/2 years which crashed out my pancreas insuling production completely.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidthis is a good article"Mortality did not differ between the prior intensive and conventional groups until 15 years into EDIC. Overall, there were 107 deaths, 43 (6.0%) who had originally been in the intensive-treatment group and 64 (8.8%) formerly in the conventional-treatment group. Those numbers translate to a 33% lower mortality risk per 100,000 patient-years for the intensive group (P = .045), Dr Orchard and colleagues report."but the study also showed "that intensive glycemic control reduced the risk for microvascular diabetes complications compared with then-conventional treatment "so control of blood glucose levels are very important.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me: for using