Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution

Dr. Su. I have been diagnosed with shingles past 4 weeks. I was on high dos

Customer Question

Hello Dr. Su.
I have been diagnosed with shingles for the past 4 weeks. I was on high dose of prednisone and anti viral meds. Done with the rashes are clear but a few still not healed completely and I am still in lot of pain. Someone told me that Grisovin can help. Please advise. I am miserable.
Thank you,
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.
This is Dr. DavidGrisovin is an oral antifungal used to treat ringworm and won't helppain from shingles can be helped by nerve pain medications like neurontin (gabapentin) or lyrica (pregabalin). these are prescription medications and your doctor can start you on it.also lidocaine cream 3% and lidocaine ointment 5% on the area of your prior rash can help.acyclovir antiviral ointment can also help kill virus and help the rest of the rash to get better.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me: for using
do you have other questions?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 6 months ago.
This could be a secondary bacterial infectionDo you have a picture?