Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Helloi have this pain in my upper abdo It comes and

Customer Question

Helloi have this pain in my upper abdo
It comes and goes...
It feel like its under rib cage - on right side
It shoots to my back and then thro to the right sideI have no appetite - and if i do eat, i want to throw upI have a lot of nauseaI have stomach ulcers and take meds for that - so its nit that - this is a different painWhat could it be
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 7 months ago.
Hello from JustAnswer. Aside from ulcers and other acid irritation syndromes, there are a couple of conditions to consider. A viral infection can cause abdominal pain in any location in the abdomen associated with nausea and vomiting, but it tends to cause symptoms of relatively short duration. A common cause of upper abdominal pain under the rib that radiates to the back would be from gallbladder disease, and it would be the most common cause of chronic or recurrent symptoms of this nature. The most common cause of gallbladder disease is from gallstones, although a small percentage of cases of gallbladder disease is due to inflammation and infection without gallstones. It is also possible that there could be an inflammation of the liver, called hepatitis. Hepatitis can be from infection or from inflammation. The other major consideration would be inflammation of the pancreas, called pancreatitis. There are several tests that can be done to determine which of these conditions are present, including blood tests and an upper abdominal ultrasound. If the symptoms are less severe and of short duration, it is reasonable to simply give it some time to see if the symptom resolve spontaneously, as would be expected with a viral infection. If the symptoms are more severe, persistent, or recurrent, then it would be appropriate to be seen for an examination and consideration of the above tests. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.
I notice that you have posted another question. Did you receive my answer?Is there any information that would help to clarify the answer?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I didn't receive it
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I feel sick
And its getting worse
I am sorry that you did not receive the answer, but there must have been some technical issues with the site. If the symptoms are getting worse, then the above possibilities are still the considerations, and the above recommendation would still apply - if the symptoms are more severe, persistent, or recurrent, then it would be appropriate to be seen for an examination and consideration of the above tests.