Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.

My husband is 86 and recovering in rehab from an undiagnosed

Customer Question

My husband is 86 and recovering in rehab from an undiagnosed illness that put him in Pennsylvania/Presperterian hospital for 3 weeks. He lost a significant amount of weight and despite a very high calorie diet which he eagerly consumes he fails to gain weight. He has had a myriad of tests, all with negative results. He does have some age related memory loss. The weight loss is my major concern.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.
Hi and welcome.I would suggest you to give him high protein diet and take him to a nutritionist as he might need well balanced diet plan which would increase his body reserves so that he can save calories rather than burning it. Moreover light exercise and plenty of fluids would help build up his health. Certain feeding formulas high in protein diet available in market would help alot.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.