Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

I feel like something is stuck in my throat sometimes and just

Customer Question

I feel like something is stuck in my throat sometimes and just recently, it kind of burns in my chest when I drink hot tea, only the last few days I've noticed
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just noticed it a few days ago, when I drink hot tea it kind of feels like a burning sensation and I sometimes feel like I have something that didn't completely swallow
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.These symptoms are likely due to the reflux esophagitis.Stomach acid can cause inflammation of the lining, stuck feelnig and discomfort as well.Commonly this is treated with Omeprazole 20 mg twice daily for 2-3 weeks.High fiber low fat diet will be helpful.Avoid caffeine, alcohol, smoking as well.If no improvement in 2 weeks of Omeprazole ( OTC) treatment, you should see your doctor to consider ensdoscopy.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: