Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My right side of back feels bruised and tender to the touch

Customer Question

My right side of back feels bruised and tender to the touch like I was kicked??
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I've been using a lumbar on my chair at work for several weeks. Maybe 4 that's causing the pain? It's an area about the size of a grapefruit that hurts.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Just that I've been limping due to a recent hammer toe surgery. Maybe I'm out of alignment. I'm going to a chiropractor today for an adjustment.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.Dull aching pain in the right side of the back is due to muscle spasms specifically of the paraspinous muscles and you are right, this could be due to walking with a limp and putting more weight on the non operated side. This is a viable cause.I would suggest that you start on an anti inflammatory like Ibuprofen 400 mg thrice a day and back massage with Ibuprofen liquigel. Bed rest and keep yourself hydrated.Let me know if you have more queries.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the star on the top of your screen.Best wishes.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. Why is the skin so tender?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the reply.Since, the skin and the muscles are supplied by the same nerves. The muscle bruise is referred as pain and tenderness in the skin as well.Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the star on the top of your screen.Best wishes.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you so much! Very informative.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.
My pleasure to have helped.Please remember to click on the stars on the top to rate my answer so that I receive credit for the service.Regards.