Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have this rash on my hip area bilaterally- one way smaller

Customer Question

I have this rash on my hip area bilaterally- one way smaller than other. Goes for 4 days. All it does it itches. I tried Benadryl cream today and does not helps really
Does it look like a heat rash?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidit looks like eczema or a skin fungal infection.you should use both 1% hydrocortisone creamand also 1% clotrimazole antifungal cream or tinactin antifungal cream twice a day for 3-6 weeks and see if it gets betterI bet it will get better with a steroid cream and an antifungal cream which are over the counter. if not, you need to see a doctor.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It itches . Is that what eczema and fungal infection does? How did I get this?
And can I find both of those creams over the counter?
Will this spread to other body parts?
yes, eczema and fungal infections causes severe itching.those creams will get rid of it.you can find them all over the counter.it will not spread if you treat it properly with those creams I mentioned.use both creams for 1 week after the rash disappears to make sure it is gone. let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I feel like now I am scratching on my neck too... But it might be incidental
How do you get these? We went on a boat on Sunday and was very hot at the lake maybe from there? I didn't swim or anything though
fungus like to grow in dark warm moist areas.sweating on your waist band can cause ezcema and a fungal infection.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I kept scratching and scratching and now on the neck so I went to urgent care and they had me solumedrol IM there.
Now they gave me oral prescription of prednisone 10 mg and the order says take 3 tablets by mouth daily for three days then 2 tabs daily times three days then 1 tablet times 3 days.
Isn't that a lot? Sounds to me like a lot and excessive.
I stopped scratching! What do you recommend?
sounds like the prednisone worked.make sure you take it with food in your stomachnever with an empty stomach.you should use both 1% hydrocortisone creamand also 1% clotrimazole antifungal cream or tinactin antifungal cream twice a day for 3-6 weeks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Well don't you think that is a lot of prednisone?
Thanks
Andreea
no, that is not a high dose of prednisone.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do I take all 3 pills at once?
yes all at once with food in your stomach like after a meal. first thing in the morningyour steroids levels are always highest in the mornings.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com