Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I had a cold about 3 weeks ago and I've also had a lingering

Customer Question

i had a cold about 3 weeks ago and I've also had a lingering cough, today I feel discomfort in my chest, a bit tight. what could it be?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm experiencing a slight cough and my chest feels a bit tight but not excessive. What else can I tell you?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This can be reactive airway disease.Inflammation of the airways can cause chest tightness.Viral infection is a common cause.Ipratropium oral inhaler should help but requires prescription.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 7 months ago.
HelloI have a different answer for you.We can not examine you or diagnose you.This can have resulted in pneumonia, and atypical pneumonias can act just like this.Atypical pneumonias can have no fever. And not appear severed.Hence the term "walking pneumonia."It is unlikely you would develop asthma from this.Bronchitis is possible, and this would not usually need antibiotics. The inhaler used for this would typically be albuterol.Pneumonia would.YOu need to have an exam and x ray today.In addition, any chest tightness in an adult MUST be evaluated. If you have risk factors, this can still be heart related, even with a cough. EKG recommended, since we know nothing about you, age, gender or medical history.That can be dangerous and needs to be ruled out.I am a double board certified US doctor.Find me as needed.Please click a positive on this post.Find me by request any day for safe answers.Correct answers.Comprehensive answers.Good luck.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Pneumonia will cause fever, shortness of breath, cough together.The symptom worsen rapidly.Not likely in your situation.Reactive airway disease is more likely.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/