Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I have a feeding tube , that was replaced in November of 2014,

Customer Question

I have a feeding tube , that was replaced in November of 2014, and I am having problems taking in my feedings. I know it must be the tube that inserted into my body, it needs to b replace, every time before when it came out , i would go to emergency room , none of then
knew how to replace they would put something temp. and then I would have to go back for a feeding tube. VCU medical center would do it with out me going to the ER. but I can't get them to assist me. What do you suggest I do. I depend on these feedings. because my stomach was taken out all but a pouch. and I cant eat enough to keep my organs going.
Thank you in advance for your help ***** *****
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 7 months ago.
HelloI suggest you work with a GI doctorYou should not be having these problems with the tube.It should not come out like this.Go to the GI doctors office and see if it needs to be replaced. Please click a positive rating on the top of this page.Then come back here as needed.