Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

My name is ***** ***** . I have sharp pain on my upper abdominal.

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** . I have sharp pain on my upper abdominal. It comes and goes and I'm pretty concern
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well about a year ago I started with really bad nausea not vomitting no fever nothing no pain at all. The nausea was really bad that I went to ER. It showed I had gallstone and had to get my gallbladder remove on May 2015. After I did that's when everything went down hill. I started wih this awful pain in my upper abdominal that doesn't go away. I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy done everything came back normal just inflammation in my stomach which they said it was gastritis. I actually had the h. Palori was given a 14 day treatment but I still feel the same. I get the pains like I said on upper abdominal and radiates to my back and sometimes I feel the pain on the side were my gallbladder was. I have anxiety so this has made my anxiety get much worse as well. I need help
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Are you worried that this can be anything serious like cancer? Have you had MRI so far? Which drugs you have tried so far? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I do get worry it's something bad. But I try to be positive. Yes they have done an MRI and all test came back normal. In my endoscopy I didn't have no ulcers. Just the bacteria and inflammation of the lining of the stomach. I was taking omeprazole but didn't see a difference . There's times I feel good no pain and suddenly it flares out again. I don't vomit or have black stole just that pain and nausea.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. As per your description and tests done so far this pain can be due to a nerve compression or we can call this a psychosomatic pain. There is no other possibility. We do come across such cases and in these cases drugs like gabapentin can really help. Sometime antidepressants do help as well. I am not saying that you are depressed but in cases like yours we have seen promising results with antidepressants. So you should discuss with your doctor regarding this aspect as well. Now as far as anything serious is concerned I reassure you with 100% confidence and even give you my words that it's out of question. I have a simple but practical reason for that. In cancers pain is last symptom and it appears as result of involvement of nerves. By that stage the cancer should become evident itself and so many tests can't miss it. So I reassure you that you even don't need to think about anything serious in your case. Please discuss my points with your doctor and I am sure that you will live a long healthy life. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One more question Doctor how would I be able or what test should be done to make sure it's the nerve compression? Bcuz like I said they done so much test and everything came out normal thank god . I even went with cardiologist and all test normal as well. I just feel like I will never be normal.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your input. You already have all the tests done and many a times this diagnosis of nerve compression or psychosomatic has to be made on clinical grounds. So just relax and please don't worry you are going to be alright. My best wishes and prayers will be following you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Another question I have do you think this nerve compression is causing my anxiety or you think it's heart problems since I feel tingling down my arm, upper chest pain not middle and back pain? I went to cardiologist but all test were normal but don't know why I keep getting all this feelings for .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also when I get the upper abdominal pain I also feel it on my left side where the gallbladder was remove .
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Tingling feeling is characteristic for nerve compression. So my suggestions Remains the same. Heart problem is out of question, trust me. Your positive feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards