DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I just received my lab work back. I am a male 45 yeasrs

Customer Question

Hi - I just received my lab work back. I am a male 45 yeasrs old and the only thing alarming on my report is my BUN level which was 23 and my BUN/Creatine Ratio was 19....the rage for BUN was 6-24 and BUN/Creatine range was 9-20...should I be concerned???
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: thanks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 9 months ago.
HelloNot a problemIf the creatinine is normal, this is a meaningless ration.Bun of this sort can be simple mild dehydration. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.