DIEGO BONILLA
DIEGO BONILLA, Doctor
Experience:  Pulmonary/ Critical Care at Boston University
93381398

I got into the rn program and they require a

Customer Question

I got into the rn program for school and they require a varicella vaccine or titer if you have had chicken pox. I had it when I was a kid so I opted for the titer. Immunity is anything over 165, my results were 1857 so I have immunity, but my question is that high or bad because it is so high?
Category: Medical
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Diego, experienced Internal Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.I understand your concerns. The results you described are normal for a person that either had the vaccine or had the disease. The titers can be high because of recent exposure to the virus. The result shows that your body has created immunity to the disease. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had it as a kid I remember. You said it can be high with recent exposure though. But your saying my titer is in normal range for vaccine or exposure when I was a kid. Right?
Yes. Your titer is normal. It could be high because of recent exposure too. It's hard to know for sure.
The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards