Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Good morning Today in the morning i worked out on my chest

Customer Question

Good morning
Today in the morning i worked out on my chest by doing
Chest press
Push ups
Chest fly
& when i took my car to my office i felt left chest pain for 10 min then it went .
I went to the hospital & they did for me EKG & it was normal then they told me that it maybe Musckeltal (from muscle strain) .
What i am asking is that he did it after the pain has gone So is it beneficial ?
For your info
I did since a year the following through a routine check up :
- EKG (Normal)
- Stress test (Negative & reached to 103% of my target)
- Echocardiogram ( Normal & the Dr told me that i have a strong heart muscle)
Then i did by mistake (They transferred me with other patient who is older than me 22 years) since 2 months a Duplex on Carotid also through the insurance & it was totally clear (Dr told me that it is an indication that my overall arteries are fine & clear)
N.B Pls note that i did a cardio workout 4 days a week & very taught cardio exercises like (Burpees - Jumping ropes - climbing stairs etc...)
Regards
Peter
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Can you please let me know if you have any other medical problems?On any medications?Please let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just take Crestor 10 for a slight elevated Cholesterol .

Today i took 1 Nexium tablet 20 in the morning .

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
At your age, with all the normal tests that you have had, it is VERY UNLIKELY to be heart disease.I would not worry whatsoever.Let me know if you have more questions.Rate me when you are done asking.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My last follow up question is

Can PPI like Nexium cause this muscle pain ?

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
In my 13 years of practice I have never seen a patient on nexium (which I used very frequently) and having muscle pain because of it.Let me know if you have more questions.Rate me when you are done asking.Regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
This session is open for any number of further questions that you may have.I would appreciate a rating by clicking on one of the rating options at your end before you leave as that is the only way I am credited here by the site.Kindest regards