Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

Can you test positive if you were taking

Customer Question

can you test positive for methamphetamines if you were taking clod medicine and a had a kidney infection at the same time.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: for about a 10 days prior to my physical I was taking Claritin D, Dristan cold tablets, Ibuprofen, aspirin, acetaminophen, Nasal spray, cough syrup, Throzodone, oxycodone. The lab called me and said I had Amphetamines not methamphetamines in my specimen. the second lab said it was methamphetamines. I did have blood in my urine at the time of the physical so I may have had a kidney infection. I do not use illegal drugs, so how do I prove my it was a false positive
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this questionYes, you can test positive at any time
let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/Thanks for using justanswer.com
Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it