Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I am a 32 year old female who has bad anxiety and I'm

Customer Question

Hello, I am a 32 year old female who has bad anxiety and I'm just looking to get my mind put at ease. I have had kind of a crazy idea that I went through seroconversion recently, about 4 weeks ago my symptoms started with a sore throat then went to sneezing and stuffy nose and ended with a cough, felt like a cold and lasted about a week. About a week after I had muscle soreness all over my whole body for about a day, it felt like my whole body was bruised, although I have had this feeling before after drinking, which I had done two days prior to this most recent occurrence. Most recently I had a non itchy rash develop on the back of my neck, that went away after about 2 days, this happened 4 days ago. I don't know if these symptoms are related, but with my hypochondria and anxiety things can kind of take over in my head, and I am just looking for an answer so that I can stop worrying. I have not engaged in any high risk behaviors, though I do work at a daycare and clean up injuries and bloody noses etc. Thanks so much in advance for any help you can provide
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Do you work with kids or adults in daycare?The risk of HIV is extremely low from kids. Your symptoms suggest a cold virus. HIV will not cause such symptoms and then go away. You can get a 4th gen HIV testing at this point. Any seroconversion will be detectable by now. I do not think that is the case here. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/