Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Got back from Bahamas yesterday. Got bit or stung in morning.

Customer Question

Got back from Bahamas yesterday. Got bit or stung in morning. Bite grew and I got a tad sick on way home. Chills headache weekeness. now the bite has shrunk in size to approx size of dime. I am fine but arm still hurts. I am inclined to ignore because it is nothing and I feel fine, but a friend has convinced herself that because of Zika (sp?) virus it would be irresponsible not to get it checked out. I also took a bennedryl at airport and it seemed to help maybe which convinces me that some little critter just bit me and I had a minor reaction.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Zika virus will cause fever, cough, diarrhea, stomach pain etc. You do not have any such symptoms. So do not worry about zika. This is just inset bite related reaction --should improve in few days. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/