Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

My name is ***** *****. 37. Day 3 of dry sore throat. Roof

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. 37. Day 3 of dry sore throat. Roof of mouth is red in just one small area. Uvula looks red but not all of it, almost like blood in one area. Any thoughts?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Was a little hoarse yesterday...better today but not 100%. Recently yelled at baseball games and sucked a lot of air while running a 5K. No other symptoms (yet) besides throat and mouth concerns
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 7 months ago.
HiYesthe throat needs a rapid strep test.Adults do get strep.Now is the day to do this.If that is negative, this will heal on its own, assuming you don't have acid reflux, which can cause this.It is most likely viral, which can take a week to heal. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yet, if I do have acid reflux?
Then it would need to be treated by your doctor.Ant acids usually. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 7 months ago.
I highly doubt this is strepDo you have a picture of the throat I can see?