Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

My entire upper body is swollen..abdomen, arms, face and trouble

Customer Question

My entire upper body is swollen..abdomen, arms, face and trouble breathing, cough
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I started having extremely bad acid reflux and then throwing up every morning so they assume it is a hernia but can that cause my entire upper body to be swollen up like a baloon especially my abdomen but even my neck
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: Oh and recoccuring kidney infections
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 6 months ago.
Hi there ...Thank you for the question ...Please tell me how old are you and your gender ?Do you have weight gain ?Regards .
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 6 months ago.
HelloYour swelling is NOT from a hiatal hernia.It can be from heart problems.It can be from thyroid problems, kidney problems or liver problems.This is a potential emergency.Go to the walk in or emergency for this immediately.I am a double board certified clinical doctor. Find me as needed in medical for fast and accurate answers.Dr. thomas only OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily