Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have a bad knee, and it has been keeping me awake nights

Customer Question

I have a bad knee, and it has been keeping me awake nights for over a week. I have gotten cortizone injections in the past that have helped. I need one now.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: My name is***** have a bad left knee. It has become painful for the last week and I have little time to wait in getting an appointment at kiaser. I just need an injection which has provided relief on the multiple uses before today.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: My knee is lacking stability, and I am mostly able to keep it well. Last week I tweaked it, and the result is I have not been able to get rested at night. It is no worse than other times that I got a cortisone shot.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.
Hi Job Barsh and thanks for the query.Cortisone shots are indeed very effective specially in arthritis of the knee. But the effects last for about 6 months. If you have a recent of history of trauma or twist to the knee which has resulted in inflammation again, then you should contact your PCP for a referral to the pain physician. The pain physician will inject the cortisone shot in the knee for you. Mean while, you should start on an anti inflammatory medication like Ibuprofen 400 mg thrice a day. A proton pump inhibitor to protect the stomach like Prilosec 20 mg twice a day taken 15 to 20 minutes before dinner and application of painkiller liquigel four times a day along with keeping the knee wrapped in a knee brace available at the pharmacy.These measures will decrease the severity of symptoms and should get your through the waiting period.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have enough experience to know that I have not reinjured, but rather, need a cortisone shot. I just can't wait the 2 weeks kaiser requires. Can you help me now?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.
This is a website and we can only help you with your queries and any information that you require. Unfortunately, we can not administer any injections. You can contact your doctor at an Urgent Care facilities and ask them if they offer intra articular cortisone shots.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.
Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.
I am sorry i can not take phone calls right now. You can expect following expert services.